Our Mission Statement:
We care for newborns, infants, children, teenagers, and young adults. Our mission is to provide compassionate, comprehensive, high quality medical care to our patients and families in the setting of a medical home with
Kindness, Integrity, Dignity, and Service.
We specialize in KIDS!
IMPORTANT SCHEDULE AND TELEMEDICINE INFORMATION DURING THE CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK: Updated 3/23/20
Dear Sewanee Pediatrics Families: In order to protect our patients, patients' families, our staff, and our community from the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) we are implementing the following changes. Please check this frequently for updates as the situation is evolving daily.
1) Well visits and non-illness related conditions and concerns will be scheduled for in office or Telehealth visits. All patients and their caregiver need to wash their hands when they arrive and before they leave our office.
2) All visits will be by appointment only. Each child’s condition will be assessed by phone by our clinical staff to determine appropriate treatment. This will allow us to determine whether a child can be treated at home, by Telehealth, or if an in-office visit is needed.
STAY AT HOME, USE THE PHONE
3) All visits, sick or well, are limited to the patient and one caregiver only. Please do not bring additional family members or siblings.
4) All patients and their caregiver will be screened for fever before entering the office. If a fever is present, then the well appointment will be rescheduled. All patients will be escorted to the exam room immediately upon arrival to our office. If an exam room is not yet available, then we ask that you wait in your car and you will be called when a room is ready.
5) All sick visits will be scheduled for a Telehealth visit and soon, if necessary, in our well ventilated outdoor exam room.
6) We now have a telemedicine platform, Doxy.me. Telemedicine may be appropriate for many visits such as ADD/ADHD management. If you are interested in a telemedicine encounter, please request this when you call for an appointment.
Remember to use basic infection control strategies such as social distancing and frequent hand washing. Even better is “shelter-in-place.” As always, we will remain available to address your concerns and worries during this difficult time. Thank you for your understanding and patience with us as we do our very best to provide the care your children need and deserve.
We were selected to participate in the PCMH pilot program in TN in 2017 and we achieved NCQA recognition in November 2018