Our Mission Statement:
We care for newborns, infants, children, teenagers, and young adults. Our mission is to provide compassionate, comprehensive, high quality medical care to our patients and families in the setting of a medical home with
Kindness, Integrity, Dignity, and Service.
We specialize in KIDS!
IMPORTANT SCHEDULE AND TELEMEDICINE INFORMATION DURING THE CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK: Updated 5/19/20
Dear Sewanee Pediatrics Families: In order to protect our patients, families, staff, and our community from the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) we are implementing the following changes. Please check this frequently for updates as the situation is evolving daily.
Remember you are the front line in the protection from this pandemic. Remember to use basic infection control strategies such as social distancing, masks, and frequent hand washing. As always, we will remain available to address your concerns and worries during this difficult time. Thank you for your understanding and patience with us as we do our very best to provide the care your children need and deserve.
1) Well visits and non-illness related conditions and concerns will be scheduled for an office or a Telehealth visit. For office visits, all patients and their caregiver will be given a mask and some hand sanitizer when they arrive and be asked to wash their hands before they leave our office. If you have a mask, please wear it so we have more masks for those who need one.
2) All visits will be by appointment only. Each child’s condition will be assessed by phone by our clinical staff to determine appropriate treatment. This will allow us to determine whether a child can be treated at home, by Telehealth, or if an office visit is needed.
STAY AT HOME, USE THE PHONE
3) All visits, sick or well, are limited to the patient and one caregiver only. Please do not bring additional family members or siblings. For established patients 12 years or older, we ask that the parent participate in the visit by phone and stay in their car in an effort to practice social distancing.
4) All patients and their caregiver will be screened for fever before entering the office. If a fever is present, then the well appointment will be rescheduled and a Telehealth visit will be offered. All patients will be escorted to the exam room immediately upon arrival to our office.
5) All sick visits will be scheduled for a Telehealth visit and if a child needs to be seen, in our well ventilated outdoor exam room. Dr Evans, Dr. Heath, or Eric Bornemann will meet you in the outdoor exam room for a brief exam and complete the visit by phone or by Telehealth.
6) Our Telehealth platform is Sewaneepeds.doxy.me. Telehealth may be appropriate for many visits such as ADD/ADHD management, asthma management, and other non infectious conditions. If you are interested in a Telehealth encounter, please request this when you call for an appointment.
We were selected to participate in the PCMH pilot program in TN in 2017 and we achieved NCQA recognition in November 2018